JOB TITLE: Business Development Specialist
LOCATION: Levenseat, Forth, Lanark
SALARY: £ Competitive plus Bonus & Benefits
CLOSING DATE: 25th February
Please send your CV to email@example.com with the subject heading Business Development Specialist.
Working with the Commercial Contracts Manager to develop and maintain the companies commercial activities through existing customers and new opportunities. This will include responding to incoming enquiries as well as managing existing relationships and proactively identifying and developing new customers and business to business sales. This involves working in a specialist sector and will require reasonable technical knowledge.
- Responsible to: Commercial Contracts Manager
- Responsible for: Sales & enquiries Pipeline.
HOURS OF WORK
8.30am – 5.00pm; Monday – Friday (Daily half hour Paid Lunch Break)
May require working on Bank Holidays (Except Christmas Day and 1st January)
Annual Holidays: 29 Days
Levenseat Limited is a privately owned Recycling & Resource Management company based in Central Scotland. Over the last 30 years, Levenseat has established a reputation for reliability, accessibility and innovation. As a leading regional operator we are committed to developing new solutions to recover the best resources and provide customers with environmental and economic solutions.
Based at Levenseat, Near Forth in Lanarkshire, with our new recovery facility & Power Plant together with the wider established facility, we are delivering to the market Scotland’s largest integrated facility providing treatment and recovery for a wide range of waste materials. In a fast evolving sector it is an exciting time to be involved in this industry.
With a strong work ethos and collaborative environment we are looking for proactive and focussed people to join an expanding team.
1. Generating enquiries and efficiently keeping in regular contact with existing customers/prospects.
2. Manage the complete sales process from opportunity/enquiry to close – communicating/liaising with all internal departments i.e. Accounts & Operations, in line with existing procedures and processes.
3. Accurately record and file all sales/customer activity
4. Maintain and manage existing customer database (SAGE200/ISYS)
5. Sale of all Levenseat’s services and products i.e. blocks, compost, soils & aggregates etc.
6. Plan and prepare annual prices reviews
7. Identify areas for expansion & development
8. Collect and collate market/competitor information
9. Collect customer/product feedback and provide suggestions for improvement
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
1. Working closely with and reporting to the Commercial Contracts Manger, providing holiday and sickness cover for all Commercial activities.
2. Liaising regularly with all internal departments i.e. Accounts & Operations and attending meetings as and when required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal Candidate:
• Waste & Recycling Industry
• Understanding of recycled materials markets
• Working knowledge of individual market sectors
• Ability to use Microsoft Office programs
• Able to deal effectively and timely with conflicting pressures of work.
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
• Ability to negotiate to maintain & optimise profit margins.
• Experience of working in Waste Management or recycling industry.
• Experience in a regulated environment.
• Business to Business Sales experience
• Full UK Driving Licence
• WAMITAB or similar
1. You must remain aware at all times of your responsibilities for your own Health and Safety, for the Health and Safety of those directly responsible to you, your work colleagues and any others who may be effected by the operations under your responsibility or control. You must ensure that at all times the correct PPE is worn. Please refer to the Health and Safety Policy for further details on your specific responsibilities.
2. You must adhere to all Company Policies & Procedures (including but not limited to) those specified in the Employment Handbook, H&S Policy, Incident reporting procedures, Management Guide and any financial/accounting systems.
3. Apart from the duties summarised in your Role Profile, the company reserve the right to include other reasonable duties which are part of, and incidental to, this type of work.
4. The Core Behavioural Competencies of the company are as follows:
Culture, values and ethics
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading Business Development Specialist