Job: Community Engagement Officer
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 10th Feb 2020
Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge? Are you interested in the world of recycling, sustainability and renewable energy? Would you like a career which allows you to make a difference to the world you live in? Are you passionate about inspiring and educating others?
We are hiring now for a role that doesn’t come around to often. This role will allow you to take ownership of your own work, be creative in your approach and provide an opportunity for growth.
Recycling and renewable energy are hot topics at the moment and this is your opportunity to work for one of Scotland’s largest and most innovative resource management companies.
We are looking for a passionate and driven individual to join our communications team in the role of Community Engagement Coordinator.
As our Community Engagement Coordinator you will support the development and delivery of Levenseat’s community benefits programme in collaboration with Levenseat team members and community members.
Ideally you will have experience of developing and delivering community learning & development initiatives within community settings but this is not essential.
The successful applicant will have good communication skills, excellent partnership working skills, practical experience of working with local communities, ability to work on their own initiative and have the ability to use IT effectively.
About the role
- Be responsible for the development and delivery of Levenseat’s community benefits programme.
- Be responsible for a range of communications to increase awareness & understanding of Levenseats operations.
- Plan and organise events for the community such as our annual open day and the Levenseat Trust Acorn Awards.
- Report on progress in line with the Scotland excel official reporting structure, including preparing case studies
- Support the development and delivery of a comprehensive schools education package on the subject of waste & recycling.
- Coordinating and attending opportunities within the area to share key messages and ensure feedback from stakeholders.
- Coordinate educational visits with schools, further education establishments, community groups and community councils.
- Facilitate community engagement meeting with the Levenseat Community Liaison group keeping them up to date with all the latest developments at Levenseat.
- Organises public consultation events as and when required.
There will be occasional meetings in the evenings and weekends therefore a degree of flexibility is required.
- You will be an enthusiastic, motivated, and organised individual with a proven ability and skill set to plan, priorities and deliver projects.
- Highly organised and motivated, the successful candidate will require excellent presentation skills and be able to provide accurate and clear advice on a wide range of subjects relating to Levenseats operations.
- a well-grounded knowledge of communication techniques
- excellent interpersonal, communication and engagement skills
- recognised experience in a communications or engagement related setting
- a driving licence as you will be travelling on a regular basis
- excellent organisation skills and a strong team player
- A proven record of building productive relationships with community organisations/groups and individuals.
- be subject to and will need to meet the criteria for a satisfactory enhanced DBS check
- Ideally you will have experience of developing and delivering community learning & development initiatives within community settings.
- A community education qualification would be beneficial.
Flexible working, part-time hours, or job-sharing arrangements will be considered, and a full UK driving licence is required, as the role involves travel. The successful candidate will be subject to and will need to meet the criteria for a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
If you would like more information about this role please email email@example.com
How to apply
click here to apply on-line