JOB TITLE: Compliance Manager
LOCATION: Levenseat, Forth, Lanark
SALARY: £ Competitive plus Bonus & Benefits.
CLOSING DATE: 12th February 2018, to Apply please email your CV to email@example.com with the subject line Compliance Manager
To oversee and co-ordinate compliance aspects of the companies operations including Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality aspects. Working with other managers and employees to incorporate legislative, certification and customers’ requirements.
- Responsible to: Managing Director
- Responsible for: Environmental & Compliance personnel.
HOURS OF WORK
8.00am – 5.00pm; Monday – Friday (Daily half hour Paid Lunch Break)
4 hours per Day; Saturday – Sunday, Rotating Shift Pattern
Average Working Week: 42.5 Hrs
Requires Working on Bank Holidays (Except Christmas Day and 1st January)
Plus Optional Overtime for Holiday Cover
Annual Holidays: 29 Days
Levenseat Limited is a privately owned Recycling & Resource Management company based in Central Scotland. Over the last 30 years, Levenseat has established a reputation for reliability, accessibility and innovation. As a leading regional operator we are committed to developing new solutions to recover the best resources and provide customers with environmental and economic solutions.
Based at Levenseat, Near Forth in Lanarkshire, with our new recovery facility & Power Plant together with the wider established facility, we are delivering to the market Scotland’s largest integrated facility providing treatment and recovery for a wide range of waste materials. In a fast evolving sector it is an exciting time to be involved in this industry.
With a strong work ethos and collaborative environment we are looking for proactive and focussed people to join an expanding team.
1. Manage Health & Safety Systems for all company activities
2. To monitor compliance with Health & Safety legislation and site Health & Safety rules.
3. To monitor compliance with Environmental legislation and site Environmental rules.
4. Manage ISO and quality management systems to maintain accreditation or progress to new accreditation.
5. Liase with key stakeholders including external compliance bodies (eg HSE, SEPA, BSI)
6. Co-ordinate and manage external advisors or service providers.
7. Oversee training programs for employees
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
1. Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed and identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
2. Carry out investigations of compliance issues and report findings as required.
3. Attend and chair regular health & safety meetings as required.
4. Provide assistance to internal or external auditors in compliance reviews.
5. Maintain documentation of compliance activities including Data Collation, analysis and reporting of compliance related activities.
6. Assess product, compliance, or operational risks and develop risk management strategies.
7. Review and disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
8. Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on organizational processes. Review or modify policies or operating guidelines to comply with changes to standards or regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal Candidate:
- An awareness & understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Knowledge of Quality Management and Control principle
- Fire Safety compliance knowledge
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs
- Investigation and trouble shooting.
- Able to deal effectively and timely with conflicting pressures of work.
- Good communication skills.
- Developing systems to achieve ISO accreditation.
- Experience in a regulated environment.
- Experience of managing Employees, Subcontractors & Customers.
- Track record of Quality Control & developing KPI`s.
- Experience of working in recycling industry.
- Nebosh or Equivalent H&S Qualification.
- Fire Safety qualifications from recognised body.
- Certificate in Quality Assurance
1. You must remain aware at all times of your responsibilities for your own Health and Safety, for the Health and Safety of those directly responsible to you, your work colleagues and any others who may be effected by the operations under your responsibility or control. You must ensure that at all times the correct PPE is worn. Please refer to the Health and Safety Policy for further details on your specific responsibilities.
2. You must adhere to all Company Policies & Procedures (including but not limited to) those specified in the Employment Handbook, H&S Policy, Incident reporting procedures, Management Guide and any financial/accounting systems.
3. Apart from the duties summarised in your Role Profile, the company reserve the right to include other reasonable duties which are part of, and incidental to, this type of work.
4. The Core Behavioural Competencies of the company are as follows:
Culture, values and ethics