Mobile Plant Operatives (Shift)
LOCATION: Between Forth, Lanark and Fauldhouse, West Lothian
The Mobile Plant Operatives role
To ensure the efficient day to day operation of the MRF recycling plant under the direction of the Production Manager/Supervisor. Driving a variety of mobile plant vehicles, including wheeled loading shovels, telescopic handler, Forklift truck and material handler/360 grab to meet the requirements of site operations. The successful candidate will have experience in operating, daily maintenance and hold plant operator’s licences for relevant machinery (CPCS – A16, A17, A21 and A59 or equivalents) and will preferably be qualified to NVQ level (SPMO). The ideal candidate will have experience of the recycling industry and an excellent understanding of health and safety relating to the role.
Mobile Plant Operatives Role Parameters:
- Safe, Competent & Efficient operation of mobile plant & equipment.
- Ensure the recycling plant loading operations are managed in line with Health and Safety legislation and Levenseat operating standards.
- Ensure all mobile plant maintenance, cleaning & inspections are carried out and recorded as per company and manufactures instructions and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with all company work practices as directed.
- Assisting with the general operation as required.
- Housekeeping duties around the site and building in accordance with supervisor’s instruction, keeping the workplace tidy and free from debris.
- Take responsibility for co-workers and own H&S, report all incidents and near misses.
Mobile Plant Operatives key job elements
- To assist in the day to day operations of the plant in accordance with site licence and contractual conditions.
- To move, sort, separate, feed, stack & load waste types to ensure plant performance is at its highest.
- Safely and competently operate mobile plant, training will be given on specialised plant.
- Maintaining the highest cleanliness of all working areas.
- Ensuring that the machines are maintained in a clean condition. Any defect affecting the safe working order of a machine to be reported immediately.
- Ensuring that the correct Personal Protective Equipment, as provided by the Company, is worn at all times. The correct PPE must be worn at all times when handling waste materials.
- Remaining aware, at all times, of your responsibilities for your own Health and Safety and for the Health and Safety of your work colleagues.
- Carrying out other tasks within your operational ability or for which you have received appropriate training, as and when required.
- Full driving licence
- Appropriate mobile plant licence
- Experience working in a factory – process environment
- Previous experience operating mobile plant
To apply please forward your cv to David Quinn, MRF Manager, email@example.com