JOB TITLE: Waste Water & Environmental Manager
LOCATION: Levenseat, Forth, Lanark
SALARY: £ Competitive plus Bonus & Benefits.
CLOSING DATE: 12th February 2018 to apply please send your CV to email@example.com
To oversee the operation and ensure environmental compliance of the companies Waste Water Treatment Plant and Environmental Monitoring activities;
Collation of data, recording and monitoring treatment efficiency of the Waste Water Treatment Plant and Environmental reporting.
- Responsible to: Compliance Manager
- Responsible for: Waste Water Treatment Plant & Environmental Operatives
HOURS OF WORK
8.00am – 5.00pm; Monday – Friday (Daily half hour Paid Lunch Break)
4 hours per Day; Saturday – Sunday, Rotating Shift Pattern
Average Working Week: 42.5 Hrs
Requires Working on Bank Holidays (Except Christmas Day and 1st January)
Plus Optional Overtime for Holiday Cover
Annual Holidays: 29 Days
Levenseat Limited is a privately owned Recycling & Resource Management company based in Central Scotland. Over the last 30 years, Levenseat has established a reputation for reliability, accessibility and innovation. As a leading regional operator we are committed to developing new solutions to recover the best resources and provide customers with environmental and economic solutions.
Based at Levenseat, Near Forth in Lanarkshire, with our new recovery facility & Power Plant together with the wider established facility, we are delivering to the market Scotland’s largest integrated facility providing treatment and recovery for a wide range of waste materials. In a fast evolving sector it is an exciting time to be involved in this industry.
With a strong work ethos and collaborative environment we are looking for proactive and focussed people to join an expanding team.
1. Daily operation of Treatment Plant
2. Management of other Plant Operatives
3. Environmental Monitoring Activities
4. Managing Stocks & Materials
5. Auditing related Systems & Processes
6. Recommending Operational & System improvements
7. Monitor Plant Performance & Maintenance planning.
8. Monitor compliance with PPC Permit, Environmental legislation and ISO Systems.
9. You must remain aware at all times of your responsibilities for your own Health and Safety and for that of others who may be affected by the operations under your control. You must ensure that the correct PPE is worn at all times.
10. You must adhere to all Company Policies & Procedures (including but not limited to) those specified in the Employment Handbook, H&S Policy, EMS System and IMS System.
11. Apart from the duties summarised in your Role Profile, the company reserve the right to include other reasonable duties which are part of, and incidental to, this type of work.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
1. Carry out plant operational activities
2. Scheduling of work activities
3. Liase with relevent 3rd Party Stakeholders
4. Compile & issue reports
5. Attend meetings as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal Candidate:
- An awareness & understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Knowledge of Quality Management and Control principles
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to multitask & cope with changing priorities.
- People Management
- Experience in a regulated environment.
- Experience of working in waste & recycling industry.
- Waste Water Treatment Plant operation
- Systems & Process auditing QUALIFICATIONS
- Waste Compliance
1. You must remain aware at all times of your responsibilities for your own Health and Safety, for the Health and Safety of those directly responsible to you, your work colleagues and any others who may be effected by the operations under your responsibility or control. You must ensure that at all times the correct PPE is worn. Please refer to the Health and Safety Policy for further details on your specific responsibilities.
2. You must adhere to all Company Policies & Procedures (including but not limited to) those specified in the Employment Handbook, H&S Policy, Incident reporting procedures, Management Guide and any financial/accounting systems.
3. Apart from the duties summarised in your Role Profile, the company reserve the right to include other reasonable duties which are part of, and incidental to, this type of work.
4. The Core Behavioural Competencies of the company are as follows:
Culture, values and ethics