JOB TITLE: Weighbridge Operator
LOCATION: Levenseat, Forth, Lanark
SALARY: £23,500 per Annum plus Bonus & Benefits.
CLOSING DATE: 12th February 2018 to Apply please send your CV to Jobs@levenseat.co.uk with the subject heading Weighbridge Operator
To operate the weighbridge receiving incoming and outgoing loads, ensuring all paperwork is correct and recording required information on the weighbridge system whilst instructing drivers appropriately.
- Responsible to: Office Manager
- Responsible for: Weighbridge Operations.
HOURS OF WORK
- 6.30am – 6.30pm Monday – Sunday (Daily half hour Paid Lunch Break)
- Rotating Shift Pattern (4 on, 4 off)
- Average Working Week: 42.5 Hrs
- Requires Working on Bank Holidays (Except Christmas Day and 1st January)
- Plus Optional Overtime for Holiday Cover
- Annual Holidays: 29 Days
Levenseat Limited is a privately owned Recycling & Resource Management company based in Central Scotland. Over the last 30 years, Levenseat has established a reputation for reliability, accessibility and innovation. As a leading regional operator we are committed to developing new solutions to recover the best resources and provide customers with environmental and economic solutions.
Based at Levenseat, Near Forth in Lanarkshire, with our new recovery facility & Power Plant together with the wider established facility, we are delivering to the market Scotland’s largest integrated facility providing treatment and recovery for a wide range of waste materials. In a fast evolving sector it is an exciting time to be involved in this industry.
With a strong work ethos and collaborative environment we are looking for proactive and focussed people to join an expanding team.
1. Monitor incoming waste to determine waste types and quantities to ensure conformity to site permit
2. Receive vehicles to site, check correct paperwork, select correct details from ISYS system for completion of weighbridge ticket then direct vehicles to correct area on site.
3. Completing weighbridge tickets for internal movements from daily sheet handed in to Weighbridge by plant operatives. Ensure all site vehicle movements are weighed and correctly coded to produce statistical information for use in internal reports and compliance data for the operation of weighbridges.
4. Receiving booking forms from Managers and only accepting these loads to site if booking forms received.
5. Completion of daily Site diary and understanding of PPC licence for diary completion.
6. Keep records in site log and associated documentation, to ensure conformity to site permit and ISO14001
7. Receiving phone calls and organising transportation for our customers, through either phone calls or emails. Some loads do not arrive on site but we need to organise for disposal elsewhere.
8. Induction of new drivers onto site and keeping records of these inductions is an easily retrievable form.
9. Keeping up to date records of Waste Carriers licence’s.
10. Keeping accurate records of compliance tickets ensuring every type of waste is captured over a year.
11. Keep messaging board up to date with outgoing loads and one off loads arriving on site, with all relevant Purchase orders etc.
12. Handing out incident reports for completion for drivers who have problems on site.
13. Non compliant loads need to be recorded and passed to Commercial Contracts manager, asking relevant site personnel to take pictures of these loads so all evidence is recorded at the time.
14. Completion of handover sheets between shifts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal Candidate:
• An awareness & understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace.
• Knowledge of Quality Management and Control principles
• Ability to use Microsoft Office programs
• Good communication skills. (Radio, Phones & Email)
• Ability to work in fast paced environment
• Ability to multitask & cope with changing priorities.
- Experience in a regulated environment.
- Experience in weighbridge operations
- Experience of working in waste & recycling industry.
- Waste Compliance
1. You must remain aware at all times of your responsibilities for your own Health and Safety, for the Health and Safety of those directly responsible to you, your work colleagues and any others who may be effected by the operations under your responsibility or control. You must ensure that at all times the correct PPE is worn. Please refer to the Health and Safety Policy for further details on your specific responsibilities.
2. You must adhere to all Company Policies & Procedures (including but not limited to) those specified in the Employment Handbook, H&S Policy, Incident reporting procedures, Management Guide and any financial/accounting systems.
3. Apart from the duties summarised in your Role Profile, the company reserve the right to include other reasonable duties which are part of, and incidental to, this type of work.
4. The Core Behavioural Competencies of the company are as follows:
Commercial awareness Teamwork
Culture, values and ethics
To apply please forward your CV to email@example.com with the subject heading Weighbridge Operator