We are looking for an HSE Coordinator to join our Compliance team. The HSE coordinator’s role is to provide support to site management and other business stakeholders to ensure that the company provides safe and healthy work environment for all its employees and site visitors. The HSE co-ordinator will play a key role in the implementation of effective HSE policies and procedures, drive a proactive accident prevention approach and promote a positive H&S culture throughout the business.
To coordinate Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) requirements to continually improve performance within the company. Working with other managers & employees to incorporate legislative, certification & customer requirements into day to day operations.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate HSE requirements for all company activities by collating information and developing and implementing safe systems of work.
- To monitor compliance with HSE legislation and Site Rules and to implement corrective and preventative measures.
- Assist with implementing, developing and maintaining ISO 45001 Management System.
- Conduct and lead safety awareness/alerts through toolbox talks.
- Work with departmental managers to develop and review Risk Assessments, Method Statements and other HSE documentation, as required.
- Maintain document control system for HSE.
- Ensure that all areas have all relevant risk assessment and method statements have been documented with relevant controls implemented and maintained.
- Offer practical problem resolution to the leadership of the site to ensure a safe working environment for all site users.
- Develop an effective Health and Safety leadership team on site, including an effective team of safety representatives throughout the organisation.
- Assist in completing HSE improvement actions, as required.
- Deliver site specific training requirements and maintain records.
- Attend external compliance body inspections and audits.
- Complete HSE inspections and audits on company activities.
- Promote a positive HSE culture.
- Drive a “can do” attitude through problem resolution.
- Any other reasonable duties required by the company.
- At least 2 years of previous experience of waste management operations preferred.
- Good level of written and verbal communication.
- NEBOSH General Certificate or other recognised H&S qualification.
- Experience of writing Risk Assessments and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation.
- Experience of conducting training staff (e.g. toolbox talks).
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org