We are looking for an Sorting Line Supervisor, who can supervise staff in the day to day operation of the Sorting Line recycling plant under the direction of the Sorting Line Manager. In this hands-on role, the successful candidate will have a flexible, proactive and versatile approach to work with a no compromise attitude to health and safety.
You will have previous experience in assisting in the management of people. In addition, the successful candidate will have experience of production operations with some knowledge of waste processing; however, training and development will be given to candidates who can demonstrate the necessary skills and aptitude to take on this challenging role.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Ensure the Sorting Line operations are managed in line with Levenseat standards and Health & Safety legislation.
- Ensure all plant maintenance, cleaning & inspections are carried out and recorded as per Company and manufactures instructions and procedures. Any defect affecting the safe working order of a machine to be reported immediately.
- Ensure compliance with all company work practices as directed.
- Ensure the housekeeping around the site and building in accordance with the Sorting Line Manager’s instruction, keeping the workplace tidy and free from debris.
- Take responsibility for co-workers and own H&S, report all incidents and near misses.
- Supervise the team on a daily basis, including staff planning, motivation, discipline and identify basic training requirements for staff and propose training plans to Sorting Line Manager.
- Data collection and recording of information such as vehicle movement, material trials, waste analysis.
- Undertake quality control inspection of incoming/outgoing materials, taking basic decisions regarding the operation of the Sorting Line, but report any major issues to the Sorting Line Manager.
- Communicate any operative/process issues to the Sorting Line Manager.
- Ensure that all staff wear correct Personal Protective Equipment, as provided by the Company.
- Training will be given on specialised plant.
For more information visit our ‘work with us page’